growing vegetables in the kitchen garden is the first priority of daily life. because it can be used as a good household food If there are many plants left, they can be sold. and can be taken as a career May you have adherence to nature, diligence and patience. There are 5 principles for growing vegetables in a kitchen garden.
selection of seeds
Seeds are needed to start planting. therefore, should study and select seeds that are good, strong, not prone to disease carefully selected and preserved before planting
Soil quality determines plant growth. Feeding the soil with bio-fertilizers will give the soil life and help digest organic matter in the soil. Make the soil fertile and ready for planting.
2.1 New plots (imperfect soil)
- If the soil is very hard may use machinery to help plow before lifting the plot
- The soil lacks organic matter. Should throw away the pig's belly, add dry fertilizer and water with liquid fertilizer.
- Raise the groove to be beautiful, sprinkle with dry fertilizer, 1 handful per square meter, water with liquid fertilizer. Cover with straw for 5-7 days. Plant with seeds or seedlings.
2.2 Old plots (perfect soil)
After cutting the vegetables or plucking the vegetables, plucking the grass, improving the plot (no digging required) and starting like this.
- Add dry fertilizer, 1-2 handfuls per square meter, use a shovel to chop gently. to mix with the soil
- Mulching with straw or hay
- Water with liquid fertilizer for 1-2 days.
- Fermented for 7 days, planted with seeds or seedlings
3.1 Planting with seeds
- Soak the seeds in microbial water for about 30 minutes. If the surface of the seeds is hard, soak for a bit longer.
- Cut off the grass or straw that covers it.
- Use a 1/2 x 2 inch wooden board to make a 1-2 centimeter deep mark.
- Sow the seeds along the pressed marks.
- Cover with straw as before
- watering in the morning and evening
- The first 2 days, watering with liquid fertilizer in the evening 1 time per day, after that, watering with liquid fertilizer 3 days / time, then watering normally
3.2 Planting with seedlings
There are two types of seedlings:
Cultivation with a pickup truck
- It may be a ready-made container or use 1/2 x 2 inch wood or other materials. Made into a 50 x 50 or 50 x 70 or 50 x 100 centimeter pickup truck that can be easily moved and placed on the floor.
- Mix dry fertilizer with loamy soil, burnt rice husk in the ratio of 1: 5: 3 into the tray.
- Sow the seeds or sow the seeds all over, do not overcrowd.
- Mulching with dry grass or thin straw
- Water with liquid fertilizer to soak.
- Then water morning-evening
- watering liquid fertilizer in the evening for 3 consecutive days, after that, watering liquid fertilizer 3 days / time
- Bring dry fertilizer and burnt rice husk mixed in the soil in the plot, mix thoroughly, make the top of the soil thoroughly.
- Sowing or scattering seeds
- Mulch with dry grass or dry straw.
- Water the liquid fertilizer throughout the plot.
- Watering morning and evening
- First 3 days, acid fertilizer in the evening every day. After that, watering 3 days / time on normal days, normal watering
- Almost all types of vegetables are planted before planting. because if shortening the time for planting can be planted in several generations And easy to maintain, except for vegetables that cannot be transplanted such as carrots and turnips. It can also save seeds. It's better than planting seeds and then having to pluck them when the vegetables are too crowded.
- Normally, dry fertilizer is applied once. But if the vegetables are longer than 50 days, notice that the vegetables are not beautiful or incomplete, then dry fertilizer can be added between the rows. Do not hit the vegetable plant.
- good conversion preparation Vegetables will grow evenly in any vegetable plot with disease, withhold water and water with fresh EM, expand, mix with 50 times of water, leave for 24 hours, then continue to water.
- Vegetables have heads to dig deep. Squirt the pork belly often and add dry fertilizer to mix well
- Watering should use a small watering can. The more you can fuzz, the better.
- Should not be watered with a hose that the water rushes hard. will cause the vegetables to lie down Chinese cabbage, in particular, will wrap the leaves longer if they are hit hard with water every day.
- Spray with pest repellant or fungicide every 3 days.Notice to prevent insect pests naturally. Lettuce, pointed leaf coriander should be planted with other vegetables. Plant marigolds, citronella, filter them as a fence. and use citronella leaves to cover the vegetable plot to prevent insect infestation as well
Harvesting - Distribution
Harvesting should be carried out according to the age of each type of vegetable and if grown using the aforementioned biological microorganisms. should be collected before little because- Natural vegetables grow fast.
- Shorten planting time, reduce labor and expenses
- If stored late or over the age, the vegetables have low immunity to disease.
- Storage should use the cutting method. Except root vegetables used to withdraw
- Fruit vegetables should be carefully picked. in order to have a chance to produce new fruits such as beans, melons
- General vegetables are collected and washed thoroughly. packing bags for sale
- Vegetables that are pods, such as beans, do not need to be washed after harvesting. no need to sprinkle water